In 2018, Julius Baer was confronted with reputational legacy issues and leadership challenges in a rapidly evolving external environment, increased regulatory scrutiny and significant technological developments. To ensure future success, the bank pushed forward with its vision of leadership at all levels and engaged IMD to help it co-create a new team leader program – TLP 2.0 – a seven-module journey, based on an adaptive leadership framework, to help team leaders:
- Understand the external environment affecting the bank
- Link the bank’s strategy to their individual contexts
- Identify and focus on their key development areas
- Improve collaboration across the bank
- Develop a common language around leadership throughout the bank.
The program combined on-line learning and face-to-face modules into a six-month learning journey that considerably broadened and deepened participants’ leadership capabilities. Julius Baer then decided to further engage with IMD to co-create a systematic adaptive leadership curriculum, including three new programs – REACH, LEAP and TOP – that would cover all levels of the organization.
Research Information & Knowledge Hub for additional information on IMD publications